November 20, 2007

First sign of winter and Girls Camp talk already

We had our first snow fall this morning. It snowed for maybe an hour, but it sure was pretty. We are leaving tomorrow morning for Washington to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with Colby's family. The snow should all be gone by then and I am sure we will have clear roads. So over the hills and through the woods we go. The kids are sooo excited, we pack tonight and leave in the morning. The kids have a half day of school tomorrow but we will miss it. As I remember, there is nothing important going on in school on a half day, especially right before a holiday.

On another note, I received an email letting me know that I finally have my 2 new assistants for girls camp. I turned the 2 names in way back in August, why does it have to take sooo long? Anyway, this will be my 4th year serving as the Stake Girls Camp Director and I can't wait to get started. We have our first meeting next week after Thanksgiving and I am ready to get planning! I joke with people that I feel like a party planner for a week long party for 160 people. We have so much fun and really enjoy watching the Young Women grow spiritually as well as build friendships. It really is the best and most challenging calling I have had all wrapped up in one.

We wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: