To start with...the news we were expecting...Alissa needs braces, she had a consultation the other day and will be getting them on soon. She has an under bite and needs help pulling those front teeth over her bottom teeth.
The news that surprised us is that Sarah needs them now too, hopefully to correct the same problem Alissa has and catch it early enough to avoid further problems later. So we will have 2 kids in braces at the same time...all I can say is I am grateful for dental insurance that will help cover 50%.
Now for the news we didn't want to hear...BEFORE Alissa can get braces on she needs surgery to BREAK her jaw and reset it in the right place. So she has another consultation on Monday with a different orthodontist that specialises in difficult cases and then we will see the surgeon after that. Needless to say we are trying to get this started soon so that she doesn't have to miss any school and her jaw will only be wired shut for a few weeks of school. Her teachers will think she is the quietest student in their whole class, that is until she gets her wires out.
I will update more after our Monday appt. Wish us luck! And if you have any yummy smoothy or shake recipes please pass them on to us, I am sure Alissa will appreciate it in the month to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Poor Alissa! Ouch! I hope she does ok. I know our kids are in for braces eventually, too. It makes me nervous!
Love the new blog look. I'm happy to see cutestblogontheblock has new backgrounds. I need to go check this out!
Post a Comment