Yesterday was our first day back to school, I can't believe I have a 9th, 7th and 5th grader. They are all at different schools this year, so that will be challenging getting to every one's school events. The first day went great, nobody got lost (which is always a big fear at a new school) and sounds like everyone likes their teachers so far. Alissa was a little surprised to find there are more juniors and seniors in her math class than there are freshmen (only 4 freshmen), so that will take some time to get used to having much older kids in her classes. I just love having a routine back, normal bedtimes and normal school days, ahhh I love it!
Soccer also started this week, Colby is coaching with another Dad from our team from last year and I get to be team mom instead of head coach. Hurray! I have never been team mom before and I am looking forward to cheering on our team and getting to know the other moms on our team. The last several years when I was coach I hardly had a chance to talk to any parents and I couldn't match up kids to their parents, so I am looking forward to getting to know everyone on the parents side of the field this season.
Racheal and Sarah's team uniforms (we heard through the grape vine) are peach tops and purple shorts. Blahhhhh! But anyway...they were trying to think of team names and the team really wants "The sour pits" LOL, Colby asked them to keep thinking and they will re-vote next practice...I guess he doesn't want to coach a team full of sour pits. LOL We will see what else they can come up with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment