December 9, 2008
What is a dad to do?
So Alissa has this 'friend' at school who is on the football and wrestling team and the wrestling team had a wrestling night at school last night to determine who is on JV and who is on the varsity team. Anyway...so we (Colby and I) have not yet met this 'friend' so I was waiting for his name to be called during the introductions so I could see what he is all about. (Colby and I went because Alissa and Racheal wanted to go and most of Colby's YM are on the wrestling team) Well it took Colby a little while to realise that this GUY we were looking at on the wrestling mat is Alissa's 'friend'. Boys and crushes are a big topic in our house lately, but I still had pictured these scrawny little middle school boys in my mind. And umm...that is not a scrawny little middle school boy...YIKES! This is a HIGH SCHOOL GUY!!!!! So Colby realized who this GUY was and did a double take and turned to look at me with his mouth hanging open...like "ohhhh...we are in trouble" I just smiled and gave him a pat on the arm. LOL So now we are not only talking about boys and crushes, but guys and meeting up at the movies. And so it all starts...the end of Colby's peaceful night sleeps. It really was a classic moment in the life of a father of all girls. LOL
Posted by
Lacy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh boy! This would be why Brian has already told Emilee she can't date. Oh the joys of being a daddy's girl.
Isn't there a song about a Dad cleaning his gun that would fit in here?
Oh sister....you are in trouble! or I should say Colby is in trouble. How is the Girls camp thing going?
April
Post a Comment