September 18, 2008

Soccer - off to a great start

We've had 2 soccer games so far and they were both great! Racheal and Sarah both scored in the first game, the score was 11-1. And of course I forgot my camera for that game. Sarah was pretty nervous playing her first game on the bigger field with older girls so we gave her a little pep talk before the game. Well, Racheal had already scored earlier in the game and then Sarah scored in the second half. It was a great goal with lots of power behind her kick and some nice air. So after Sarah's goal Racheal went over to her and put her arm around her while they were walking back to mid field to kick off again. It was so sweet to see Racheal tell her good job and then Sarah felt better and more confidant about playing on the big field. And I forgot my camera!!! But I will always treasure that memory.

Our second game was tied 2-2, I remembered my camera so here are some shots from warming up and then actually playing the game.

Colby assigning positions before the game














Racheal stealing the ball from Coach Tim














Racheal on a fast break away














Sarah waiting to see where that throw in will land














Sarah (far left) trying to sneak around the three defenders and the goalie

1 comment:

Russ said...

Very cool. Won't be long and they will be in the 2016 Olympics.