November 5, 2008

November already?

Where does the time go? October came and went so quickly! Let me see if I can remember what we did in October.

Racheal finished up her ref job for soccer, she did not have as much fun as she did in the spring, but it was a paycheck and a great opportunity for her to learn some responsibility. She was always very professional on the field and everything ran smooth for all her games.

Racheal and Sarah's fall soccer season ended. I think our final record was 4 wins, 1 tie and 2 losses. Racheal and Sarah both scored during their last game, it is always fun to end on a good note. Sarah had a kick that went up and over the goalies head and into the far corner of the net. She is doing great playing with all the older kids. We are already looking forward to the spring season.

Racheal is also playing indoor soccer this winter at the local college. She is getting closer to high school and is very excited/nervous already about trying out for the high school team so we thought this will give her some more practice before she tries out in a year and a half. Never to early to plan ahead. LOL

Sarah played coed volleyball for her school and also wants to play basketball come January.

Alissa is still enjoying her dance classes and is doing great. I ran into one of her teachers at a craft day at our church and she couldn't say enough nice things about Alissa. I was so proud.

Halloween came and went,and as the kids get older Halloween seems to go by without much notice. The 2 older girls went with some of their friends trick or treating together and Sarah went out with Ashlee and Gerrit and their kids, so after the trunk or treat that our church had Colby and I found ourselves home all alone. So we turned off the porch lights and had a nice quiet evening. Alissa just threw on a crown and called it good, Racheal dressed up as Alice from Alice in Wonderland and Sarah was a bride.

Now that soccer is over Colby has gone fishing and camping every weekend, he occasionally takes 1 or 2 of the girls and they always have a good time. He just got back from a steelhead trip in Northern Idaho but he didn't get anything.

I am already working on girls camp for the 2009 summer and we decided on a theme and are getting names turned in for people to help us and I am also looking forward to the upcoming holidays. Timory and Tyler (Colby's sister and brother) are coming to join us for Thanksgiving so we are excited for that.

2 comments:

Jaci said...

Fun to be doing camp stuff. What is your theme this year? Glad you will have company for Thanksgiving. This time of year is the best!!!

Russ said...

Thanks for the update. I love reading about you guys.